Ten ways to ease Back Pain
back pain. There is nothing more Debilitating
10 Ways to avoid Problems.
- Maintain good posture when sitting or standing – use a back form support.
- Watch your weight; excess weight places additional strain on your back.
- Warm up before doing physical work or exercise.
- Stay active and follow a regular pattern of exercise to keep your muscles and joints flexible.
- When lifting, bend at your knees, hold the object close to your body and lift from your legs.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach, which can strain your neck and back.
- If work requires you to spend long periods of time in a chair, talk with your massage therapist or ergonomics specialist about the best ergonomic options.
- Apply Heat or Ice to painful are, Use heat when you want to relax aching muscles, Ice is effective in reducing inflammation; or more commonly in the sub acute phase of an injury.
- Stretch daily
- Visit a skilled Massage Therapist