Hot and Cold Stone Massage
Hot rocks are placed and guided over the body to stimulate the central nervous system and muscles. The application of hot or cold stones will be effective for pain relief. (The temperature of the rocks is tested on certain safe areas of the body to assess how much warmth the client will require).
The rocks are different shapes and sizes and have many uses. They are used to glide over the body at different angles like a Remedial Massage and have many natural healing properties.
Benefits of a Hot & Cold Stone Massage
90 minutes: $90.00
60 minutes: $75.00
Why You Should Consider Using Our Body Massage Therapist
Does that old sporting injury still pipe up when you are stressed or when the weather is turning cold? Do you try your best to massage it yourself with only a modest degree of success? For pain management, it is best to use a body massage therapist. They are trained and qualified to give you effective relief.
Problems That Body Massage Therapy Addresses
Massage treatment is one of the earliest pain management treatments practiced in the world. It entails manipulating the soft tissues of the body, and it can be used to help treat a variety of ailments. Here are three types of problems that massage treatment can address:
- Muscle knots. Muscle knots are hard lumps or knots that form when muscles contract. They can range from sensitive to painful. They are primarily caused by poor posture, not moving around enough or straining muscles. Treatment for muscle knots can range from a gentle massage to a deep tissue massage.
- Muscle tension. When muscles are tense, it means they remain contracted for much longer than they should. Stress usually causes muscle tension, and an effective treatment can be a hot stone massage therapy, such as a basalt hot stone massage. In this therapy, heated stones, usually made of basalt, are placed on strategic points on the back so that the heat can target tense areas and damaged tissues.
- Poor blood flow. Massage helps to improve blood circulation by applying pressure to the congested areas. This pressure moves the blood away and allows new blood, and therefore new oxygen, to flow. Most massages are good for blood flow, but heat therapies seem to be particularly useful.
Benefits of a Hot Stone Massage
While a hot stone massage may at first seem daunting to some, the benefits provide more than enough reason to try this body massage treatment:
- It relieves pain. Hot stone massage therapy has been linked to pain relief, especially in conditions such as fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. It may also be useful in other autoimmune disorders that cause chronic pain.
- It decreases muscle knots and muscle tension. When one treats the inflammation of muscles, it allows the contracted muscles to relax, which brings relief to muscle spasms and tension. A massage may reduce the inflammation by promoting blood flow to the affected areas.
- It can help you sleep better. Many people don’t get the requisite seven to eight hours of sleep per night. There are various causes for this, among others, stress and insomnia (the inability to fall asleep). Massage has been linked to stress relief and better sleep.
About Swift Results Massage Therapy
At Swift Results Massage Therapy, it is our vision to form part of a community that understands the relationship between health, wellness and massage therapy. Our mission is to enhance well-being, manage pain relief and relieve stress through a range of quality treatments and therapies. We pride ourselves on our core values of passion, compassion, integrity and respect.
Contact us today for massage therapy with fast results that will promote your health and well-being.